Monday 20 October 2014

Monday night movie – Alice



Monday nights are all about recovery. The shock of the Monday morning is over, congratulations, you’re one day down. After the usual list of getting-home chores are done, I think Monday nights are for films. Tonight I have chosen a film which has sat on my shelf for a while. At first I was saving it for an undefined occasion, but then it became part of the furniture and I stopped noticing it. It’s Woody Allen’s Alice.
It’s getting a bit chillier here at the moment which is great because I like to wrap up. So I get to have my tea in hand and be under the sofa blanket. 


The film starts out introducing you to a shallow, but vaguely troubled, Manhattan wife, Alice. She’s had an encounter with a man that has gotten under her skin and the film explores her self-discovery through her shy and innocent affair, and some magic herbs. Yup, magic herbs that turn her invisible. 
Charming and whimsical in places, I enjoyed Alice, but it lacked the clout of some of Allen’s other films.

No comments:

Post a Comment