Friday 31 October 2014

Happy Halloween



Today I had that awkward moment when you open a package you ordered from Amazon at work and a pair of handcuffs fall out in front of everyone. I felt the need to explain their presence by donning my bright orange prison jumpsuit, as if that excused it.
Happy Halloween!
I don’t know if I’ve mentioned but I love Halloween. I think it’s the mischief, any excuse for mischief and I’m there, especially if it comes with a side of crafts. I’ve already shared my first attempt at pumpkin carving and I’m afraid my second was a lot more rush, I managed to get it done in 15 minutes flat which, despite the lack-lustre result, I’m quite pleased with. 
We never get trick-or-treaters in my road but still I buy Halloween chocolate every year. This year the kids were out in their masses on my way home and as luck would have it I had the chocolate in my bag so I got to hand it out on my walk home, to my great excitement. Seriously, I was much more excited than the children getting the chocolate.
Today is also the day we celebrate the birthday of two of my lovely friends. We have chosen to mark this event by all dressing up as characters from the TV show, Orange is the new Black, hence the jumpsuits. Flattering and functional outfits I think.
So, as work ran over, I need to pop off now and get suited and booted (and cuffed).
Happy Halloween everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment