Saturday 11 October 2014

Fancy a drink? Oh sorry, I meant fight



Firstly I would like to start off with a Happy Birthday to my little brother Andrew. Congratulations on living longer than Ian Curtis and River Phoenix.
In other news, I received a present from my friend and ex-team mate, Riz. She returned from Nepal for a brief stint in June and left a gift for me with a mutual friend. The mutual friend promptly forgot about it, only to remember periodically, mention it to me, and then forget again. Just as it was getting to the point where it was starting to look like he was doing it deliberately because he was amused by my curiosity he actually remembered to give it to me this time and left it in my desk drawer at work. So here it is:

So, thank you Riz for the gift and thank you un-named, slightly forgetful friend for delivering it. 
For those of you who haven’t guessed, it’s a bottle-opener. Riz explained this when I emailed to thank her. However, she did also mention that if I choose not to use it as such, alternative uses are:
   A weapon
   An ice-breaker (not a conversational ice-breaker, I checked)
I am a little concerned about her opinion of my new team that she thinks I will need either of these.
But, luckily, I do like it as a bottle opener and plan on putting it to good use this weekend. Thank you again Riz!
If you would like one of your own you can buy one at Yala. I can only recommend it as a bottle-opener, please don’t use it as anything else, including a key.
It is a lovely shop selling handcrafted Nepalese items, not weapons, and is where my friend Riz now works.

No comments:

Post a Comment