Saturday 15 November 2014

It’s comin’ on Christmas…


We've waved farewell to Fireworks night and hasta la vista to Halloween, now it’s time to start the Christmas countdown.
Every year I see a picture of a new colour scheme and I'm inspired to re-think my Christmas decorating plan. But apart from being a very expensive way to do Christmas, often the colours and styles just don’t fit with my house. As much as I might love the Scandinavian pure white and evergreen style I have to opt for something else. I like my decorations to be creative and different and that means getting out the paint brushes, super glue, double-sided sticky tape and scissors.
This year I'll be starting simple with the humble pine-cone. I pass a pine tree on my way home from work so every day for a week or so I have been picking up a couple of cones to take home and wash off. To keep things interesting I went for cones of all shapes and sizes and today I’m going to paint them. I saw a lovely vignette on Pinterest with pine cones painted in a baby pink and blue so I'll be using this colour scheme.
Painting the cones can be a little fiddly but it’s really quite easy so put down some newspaper, settle in with a Christmas film (yes, The Muppet Christmas Carol again) and you'll be done with them in no time. Leave to dry and arrange wherever and however you please. 




Christmas countdown started.  

No comments:

Post a Comment