Wednesday 5 November 2014

Get your strutting shoes on




Breaking up sucks, whether you are the dumper, dumpee or a grown-up hybrid of both. But in keeping with the decision to be actively happy this week I’ve made a list of the songs that have, over the years, got me through some tough times. There are a disproportionate amount of Nashville songs on there, but that’s because there are so many that are empowering. They are all up-beat, cheesy, and make me strut along the street, probably looking like a complete tit. Oh well. 

Britney – Stronger
Sugarbabes – hole in the head
Groove Armada – Song 4 Mutya
Go West – King of Wishful thinking
Nashville – I’m a girl
Nashville – Wong Song
Nashville – Don’t put dirt on my grave
Nashville – One works better than two
Nashville – Looking for a place to shine
Nashville – Love like mine
Nashville – Boys and buses
Miranda Lambert – Mama’s broken heart
Kelly Clarkson – Since you’ve been gone
Taylor swift – We are never ever getting back together
Destiny’s child – Survivor
Lesley gore - Don’t tell me what to do
Amy Winehouse – Tears dry on their own
Avenue Q – For now
Kelly Clarkson – Stronger
Ting Tings – Shut up and let me go
Nancy Sinatra – these boots are made for walking

Make a playlist, put on your strutting shoes, go for a walk and smile at strangers. You will feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment