Thursday 6 November 2014

13 Roman delights



Ok so I got pretty badly distracted from my pictures of Rome, I blame the chipper cushion. But back on topic, here are a few more out of the literal thousands that I took. 

Today I will focus on the art I saw, mostly from the Borghese museum. This Magnificent building, itself, is a work of art. The murals on the ceilings and wall all deserve your attention just as much as the art housed therein.

Bernini's Apollo and Daphne. Apollo still chasing Daphne as she morphs into a tree mid-flight.

 Just one of the many amazing ceilings


I think this is my favourite ceiling mural, it has a dragon!






This lovely piece is actual a mosaic. Each of the pieces were about a millimetre wide.





We moved on to the Vatican museum, where I spotted this sculpture of my favourite Greek Goddess, Artemis.




And this beautiful Van Gogh.






There were so many beautiful pieces or art, I could have posted hundred of photos. I'll bet you're glad that I didn't though. Tomorrow, architecture!























No comments:

Post a Comment