Sunday 6 March 2016

Sunday bakes - 'Crazy week at work' chocolate chip cookies

This last month has been utter madness at work. Work has been coming out of my ears!

These chocolate chip cookies have been keeping me going and perking me up on my late-night stints. They have literally fueled me for this past week, as my fridge packed up and there was very little else in the house. Not the healthiest of diets I'll admit, but it got me through. Plus they are completely delicious. 

On another note, happy mothers day! Thank you to my lovely mum for this year's ups and downs. 

Ingredients
350g plain flour
1tsp salt
225g Stork butter (it's important to choose stork because real butter makes these cookies a bit too crispy)
175g caster sugar
175g soft brown sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
300g dark chocolate
2 eggs

Method
This is a pretty standard cookie mix up, so combine the butter, sugar and eggs before stirring in the chocolate (cut up into chips), flour, vanilla and salt. 

The mixture will be a little runny, but spoonable. You should leave plenty of space between your dollops on the baking tray because this will run and spread a lot. Try to make your spoonfuls even and spread into a flat circle, but don't worry too much it will melt out. 

Bake at 180 for 20 minutes until golden brown. Eat one warm because it's just heaven. 



Yes, this is really my recipe book. What a mess! You can tell my favorite recipes from the amount of mixture on them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment