Sunday 12 April 2015

Sunday bakes - 'More sunshine please' madeleines

This week I'm making an attempt at one of my favourites, madeleines. I've never made them before, and I know they can be tricky so I was a bit nervous about giving them a go.  It's important that they are light and fluffy so I was extra careful to beat in as much air as possible and be gentle with the mixture.

Ingredients
2 eggs
100g/3.5oz caster sugar
100g/3.5oz plain flour
100g/3.5oz butter, melted and cooled slightly
juice and zest of one lemon
3/4 tsp baking powder

Method
Whisk up the eggs with the sugar until light and frothy and then gently whisk in the rest of the ingredients. 
Leave the mixture to sit for 20 minutes. 
Heat the oven to 200 and then brush a little extra melted butter into the madeleine moulds and sprinkle a little extra plain flour as well. Tap out any excess and spoon the mixture into the moulds gently. 
Bake for 10 minutes until the madeleines are golden brown and cooked all the way through. 
 
 


 
Now to sit in the sunshine, with a glass of something, a good book and a plate of fresh madeleines.

No comments:

Post a Comment